Sunday, December 21, 2014

Follow us:
Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Subscribe to this news feed 



One person dead after Port Crane fire

  • Text size: + -
CNY/NNY/S. Tier: One person dead after Port Crane fire
Play now

Time Warner Cable video customers:
Sign in with your TWC ID to access our video clips.

  To view our videos, you need to
enable JavaScript. Learn how.
install Adobe Flash 9 or above. Install now.

Then come back here and refresh the page.

PORT CRANE, N.Y. -- A 71-year-old Broome County woman is dead after a fire in her home Tuesday.

Firefighters were called to the scene on Tunnel Road in Port Crane around 4:30 a.m. Tuesday.

Crews arrived to a fully engulfed home and found the body of the homeowner, Barbara Cadwell, inside.

The cause of death was asphyxiation due to smoke inhalation and carbon monoxide poisoning.

Fire officials say the fire started in a wood stove. ClientIP:, UserAgent: CCBot/2.0 ( Profile: TWCSAMLSP