Sunday, December 21, 2014

Follow us:
Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Subscribe to this news feed 

News

Cortland/Ithaca

Pet sparks fire at North Country home

  • Text size: + -
CNY/NNY/S. Tier: Pet sparks fire at North Country home
Play now

Time Warner Cable video customers:
Sign in with your TWC ID to access our video clips.

  To view our videos, you need to
enable JavaScript. Learn how.
install Adobe Flash 9 or above. Install now.

Then come back here and refresh the page.


CARTHAGE, N.Y. -- Firefighters say a family pet sparked a fire at a North Country home. It happened on Rodgers Crossing Road in the Town of Wilna just after noon on Tuesday.

Investigators say flames started after a dog knocked over a kerosene heater.

Crews were able to control the flames and the fire was put out quickly.

"The main living room area has extensive smoke damage...there is smoke damage throughout and water damage," said Brian Draper, Head Fire Driver Carthage-Wilna Fire Department.

No one was injured in the fire. The Red Cross helped the family at the scene.

10.11.12.244 ClientIP: 54.166.122.86, 23.62.6.207 UserAgent: CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) Profile: TWCSAMLSP