Sunday, November 23, 2014

Alert

Follow us:
Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Subscribe to this news feed 

News

Cortland/Ithaca

Group home in Camillus catches fire, eight residents displaced

  • Text size: + -
CNY/NNY/S. Tier: Group home in Camillus catches fire, eight residents displaced
Play now

Time Warner Cable video customers:
Sign in with your TWC ID to access our video clips.

  To view our videos, you need to
enable JavaScript. Learn how.
install Adobe Flash 9 or above. Install now.

Then come back here and refresh the page.


CAMILLUS, N.Y. -- A state group home in Camillus caught fire, leaving eight people without a home. Crews were called to a home on Genesee Street in Camillus around 8:30 p.m. Wednesday.

They say the fire started in a second-floor bathroom when a vent fan caught on fire. Officials say the fire then spread through the ceiling and into the attic.

Firefighters were able to put it out within four minutes. No one was injured.

10.11.12.244 ClientIP: 54.226.192.202, 23.62.6.207 UserAgent: CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) Profile: TWCSAMLSP