Friday, December 19, 2014


Follow us:
Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Subscribe to this news feed 



Crews respond to fire at Jamesville-DeWitt maintenance garage

  • Text size: + -
CNY/NNY/S. Tier: Crews respond to fire at Jamesville-DeWitt maintenance garage
Play now

Time Warner Cable video customers:
Sign in with your TWC ID to access our video clips.

  To view our videos, you need to
enable JavaScript. Learn how.
install Adobe Flash 9 or above. Install now.

Then come back here and refresh the page.

The fire is out, but not after substantial damage was done to a bus garage in DeWitt. The fire broke out late Wednesday morning. Katie Gibas has more.

ONONDAGA COUNTY, N.Y. -- Buses, snow plows and maintenance equipment were destroyed after a DeWitt garage caught on fire.

About seven workers were inside when the fire started. Everyone escaped without injury.

Firefighters put the fire out within 45 minutes, but substantial damage was done to the building and equipment inside.

Crews say flammable and explosive items made it difficult to extinguish.

"It's a shared space, its transportation as well as maintenance, so there's lawn mowers, school buses, vehicles, gasoline, solvents, things like that inside the building," said DeWitt Fire Captain Randy Griffin.

Firefighters are still investigating what sparked the flames. ClientIP:, UserAgent: CCBot/2.0 ( Profile: TWCSAMLSP